Yep, it’s that time of year again, when we take the lazy way out and regale you with an end-of-the-year countdown lisitcle kind of thing. But let’s be honest; you’re probably too geared up for your New Year’s Eve festivities to put much effort into reading anything, so it benefits both of us.
So here we go, the top items of 2016!
- Pawnee Goddess. For the second year in a row, a late-year surge in sales for Halloween pushed this patch to the top of our best-seller list. We made more than 100 of these patches this year!
- X-Files: I Want to Believe. Our longtime number one best-seller continues to do well and has a lock on the number two slot.
- Plague Survivor Geek Merit Badge. Another longtime top seller, which this year barely eked out its spot at number three over another Geek Merit Badge…
- Final Girl Geek Merit Badge. This design got a big boost after it was featured in an article online (sorry, I can’t find it again to re-post the link). It was a top ten seller last year and barely missed the number three position by one sale. Maybe next year!
- Though She Be But Little, She Is Fierce. Another past top ten seller making it into the top five! I’m always thrilled when someone buys a Shakespeare patch.
In the interest of efficiency, I’ll just spotlight the top items across my non-patch catalog of items.
The best-selling bag of 2016 is the blue Science version of our Star Trek-inspired Away Team bags. These were always the best selling bags at shows and we hope the love for them continues in 2017, our first year as a strictly online business.
Our top scarf design was the Harley Quinn-inspired harlequin scarf. Our best-selling necktie design featured the anti-demonic possession tattoo from Supernatural — which, I will note, will soon be retired as a design, so if you want to get one, go order one now! And our top embroidered bookmark was inspired by the greatest stage direction of all time, from Shakespeare’s A Winter’s Tale, “Exit, Pursued by a Bear.”